£10 Ticket Fee: All profits made from purchased tickets will be donated to the artist’s choice of charity – the Borneo Orangutan Survival Charity.
ABOUT STOP-MOTION ANIMATION WORKSHOP:
Lulu Senft is an animation director, modelmaker and illustrator from London. She describes her work as being “mostly character-led”, and loves to tell stories. Recently completing a Ceramics Residency with Collective Matter, Lulu has also worked as a modelmaker for The Wildlife Trusts and Greenpeace.
Led by Lulu herself, the online workshop will provide a small group of creatives with a one-day beginner’s guide to stop-motion animation, where they will each be supported to produce a short film using materials found around their home. From this, a film reel will be created and premiered by Modern Painters, New Decorators.
The workshop will run over the course of one full day and will cover the basic principles of stop-motion animation, character building and an insight into the life of an animator.
All creatives signed up to the workshop will receive an introductory welcome pack to use on the day and to take away, with helpful tips, advice and links put together by Lulu. The welcome packs will include:
– Introduction to Stop-Motion Animation Workshop
– Character Building Guide
– Equipment and Software Guide
– Animation Key Term Glossary
To take part in the workshop, participants will need:
– Access to a device, laptop or tablet, to use for Zoom group video calls.
– Access to a smartphone or tablet for a stop motion app
– To download the ‘Stop Motion Studio’ app (free)
– Requires iOS 9.0 or later if an apple device
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY:
10 – 11am Introduction to Workshop & Character Building Brief
– Learn how to build a stop-motion character out of every-day objects and how they can be animated.
– Discuss the basic principles behind character design.
12 – 1pm Stop-Motion Animation Guidance & Brief
– Learn how to make a 20 second short stop-motion animation using Stop Motion Studio application.
– Discuss basic principles of stop motion animation.
– Set brief to explore the character you’ve made through a short animation film.
5 – 6pm Premiere & Feedback Session
– An opportunity to share the film made by the end of the workshop with the rest of the group.
– Receive informal feedback from Lulu and peers.
ABOUT HOLD UP:
Hold Up is an online project by Lulu Senft exploring support, grief and narrative, through the use of one of her primary materials – clay.
Taking place across February and March 2021, the project will be delivered through Modern Painters, New Decorators online platforms as well as ticketed events including: an Exhibition Livestream, a Stop-Motion Animation Workshop and Conversations On Ceramics, an online talk night.
Via Facebook, Twitter or Email