Jack AG Britton and Attenborough Arts Centre Present:
An interactive film night.
30/09/18 | 7pm | Attenborough Arts Centre Leicester
Cinema Para-Discount is a film night like no other, artists are given the chance to create an interactive screening that celebrates and enhances a film of their choice, hosted within Leicester’s Attenborough Arts Centre.
Call Out 2:
Cult Classics, Freshers Week Special
Jack AG Britton and Attenborough Arts are looking for an artist or company in the realm of performance, dance, theatre or immersive experiences to interactively enhance a film of their choice. For our second event on the 30th of September 2018 we are looking for film suggestions that fit the bill of Cult Classics, whether that’s cinematic royalty like The Shining, more modern thrillers like Fight Club or comedic cult gold like The Big Lebowski, we want to see what artists can do with these unique, fan-loved pieces of film.
The interactive/performance elements are completely up to you, feel free to use props, movement, voice, sound lighting, audience participation or multi sensory elements to blur the line between cinema and live performance.
- Event will take place 30/09/18 so make sure you are available to be at Attenborough Arts from 1:30 pm
- This screening is a Fresher’s week special, so bare in mind your audience will be made up of mostly first year students
- You will take part in a Q and A with Jack and the audience as the credits roll
- There will be £300 fee for the selected artist/company and there is a small budget to cover some props etc
- You can choose ANY film so don’t hold back
- You don’t have to be active for the entire film as devising around two hours of synchronised material would be huge ask, just enhance the moments you feel would work with interactive or performative elements
- Deadline for proposals is midnight on the 20/08/18
- For details and to request an application form please email email@example.com
Contact NameJack Britton
Start Date10th August 2018
Closing Date20th August 2018