We are inviting proposals from artists who would like to create new, or submit existing artworks for permanent display in one of our busy corridor areas. We are looking for three pieces in total. They are to be displayed in the same area so must complement each other.
In addition, it should meet the below criteria:-
- Artwork should be 2-D, wall-based and provided to the printer as a digital file.
- Artwork should evoke interest, improve mood and enrich the environment.
- Ideally the artwork will be contemporary, bright and have an uplifting effect on all people using the hospital
- Artwork should meet all the Infection Control and Health & Safety requirements
Due to our stringent infection control and fire safety regulations, we have been asked that artwork in this area is printed on to Altro-whiterock digiclad (http://www.altro.co.uk/Altro-Whiterock-Digiclad). This has a professional quality with durable coating and is glued directly onto the walls. This method will ensure minimum collection of dust and the surface can be easily wiped clean.
The three pieces will need to be sized as below:
3600mm (w) x 1200 (h)
4000mm (w) x 1200 (h)
2400mm (w) x 1200 (h)
To apply please provide:
- An email stating your interest in the opportunity with your name and contact details to email@example.com
- CV and statement about your work
- Up to 10 images or similar of recent work or links to website and social media sites where we can view your work. Please make sure that attached documents will not exceed our 5MB limit.
- Website links or links to social media sites where we can view your work
Budget- £1,700 inclusive of all artist’s fees and inclusive of VAT. Final artwork should be provided to us in high resolution jpeg or tiff format. Print, delivery and installation costs will be covered by the Trust.
Deadline for applications- Monday 15th January
Contact NameDanielle Parker-Jessop
Start Date8th January 2018
Closing Date15th January 2018