Wastelands is a programme to develop new art supported by the ACE Emergency response fund.
We will commission five artists to create new pieces of art that will explore changed and changing relationships with doorstep green spaces in Stoke on Trent as we move through lockdown.
Each Artists Fee: £2,500 inclusive of VAT, expenses and materials.
- 5pm Tuesday 30th June 2020 Deadline for Expression of Interest. Submit to email@example.com by 5pm.
- Wednesday 22nd July 2020 We will notify all applicants by this date. Artists will have 6 weeks to develop their commissions.
- 23rd July – mid Sept 2020 6 week development period. We will support you in documenting the development of your work.
- mid Sept 2020 Pieces completed for public sharing.
Expression of interest:
- Writing and images (max 1000 words) in a pdf
- Short video (approx 3 mins)
- or a combination to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please tell us about the following:
- Yourself and your work in Stoke.
- What is your ‘Wasteland’? Tell us about the space you will respond to and a bit about your relationship to this space. We are interested in real-life spaces within Stoke on Trent.
- Tell us about the material or process that you intend to work with.
- Tell us about your finished piece. What do you hope to create?
- Tell us how people will see, hear, discover, or experience your work.
Full application details are available on our website www.urbanwildernesscic.com.
A minimum of one commission will be reserved for an artist that identifies as D/deaf or disabled and a minimum of one commission to an artist who identifies as belonging to a minority ethnicity.
We will accept applications from individual artists, collectives, or arts organisations.
Contact NameIsla Telford
Start Date19th June 2020
Closing Date30th June 2020