Cinema Para-Discount is a film night like no other, artists are given the chance to create an interactive screening that celebrates and enhances a film of their choice. Using a mixture of mass audience interaction, costumes and props, performance and lighting artists can create a unique cinematic experience. The event is hosted within Leicester’s Attenborough Arts Centre, a venue that prioritises accessibility and quality programming. These screenings will be themed, whether it’s a summer blockbuster or a Hammer Horror each event is bound to offer a unique tribute to cinematic masterpieces.
Jack AG Britton and Attenborough Arts are looking for an artist or company in the realm of performance, dance, theatre or immersive experiences to interactively enhance a film of their choice. For our fifth event on the 23rd of June 2019 we are looking for film suggestions that fit the bill of Sci – Fi, whether that’s cult classics like 2001: A Space Odyssey, modern Blockbusters like Inception or international animated masterpieces like Akira, we want to see what artists can do with these genre epics.
The interactive/performance elements are completely up to you, feel free to use props, movement, voice, sound lighting, audience participation or multi sensory elements to blur the line between cinema and live performance.
- Event will take place 23/06/19 so make sure you are available to be at Attenborough Arts from 1:30 pm
- There will be £400 fee for the selected artist/company
- You can choose ANY film within the theme so don’t hold back
- You don’t have to be active for the entire film as devising around two hours of synchronised material would be a huge ask, just enhance the moments you feel would work with interactive or performative elements
- This event works best with elements that aren’t competing with the film but are enhancing the experience, so try and avoid too much overlapping sound so as not to disrupt dialogue etc
Contact NameJack Britton
Start Date8th May 2019
Closing Date15th May 2019