Over the last 5 years, Birmingham Education Partnership have been exemplary leaders in recognising the intrinsic value that arts, culture and creativity play towards school improvement, teacher development and the life and learning of our young people. Last year we successfully launched our team of specialist Associate Artists from across artforms, and they are now working on bespoke teaching and learning projects, delivering CPD, and supporting school improvement and curriculum development across the city of Birmingham.
We are now seeking to extend the scope in this offer via our new 2020/21 Associate Artist brochure (to be launched to the schools in April 2020) and welcome applications from across arts and creativity. We are particularly interested in hearing from:
- Designers, constructors and makers able work with schools on Design & Technology specific projects (supporting the national curriculum and skills progression in D&T)
- Specialist crafts people and makers who are able to offer practical workshops in Primary or Secondary phase.
- Artists able to raise the profile of mathematics through exciting cross curricula work, problem solving and science/STEAM projects.
- Book illustrators able to lead visual art workshops linked to literacy.
- Digital artists able to work on inspiring IT and computer learning (coding, gaming and new media).
- Music practitioners (including digital music).
Successful applicants will be accomplished in their professional practice and clearly be able to demonstrate successful work and projects within formal education. Our daily fee for practitioners is £220 (including travel costs) with any materials budgets to be agreed with the schools in advance of project commencement. To be considered, applicants must be registered self-employed (or operating as a Limited Company) and hold an Enhanced DBS Certificate (with barring). If you are interested in applying, in the first instance please email your CV and a paragraph that outlines your suitability to Andrew Fox, Arts and Culture School Improvement Lead to email@example.com by no later than January 31st 5pm 2020.
Birmingham Education Partnership is school-led system of continuous improvement.
Contact NameAndrew Fox
Start Date7th January 2020
Closing Date31st January 2020