UKYA is seeking a Creative Producer to take the lead for the curatorial and artistic vision of UKYA, working with the Director to develop and manage artist focussed programming across our National, International, Legacy and Creative Development Platforms with a specific focus on Nottingham 19, National Biennale.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading on the curatorial and artistic vision for UKYA. Developing a dynamic, forward-looking and engaging programme for and with young artists.
- Fostering dialogue with young artists and arts organisations in order to make informed decisions that will shape the content of the opportunities created, ensuring the needs of young artists are placed at the very heart of UKYA
- Ensure creative input of the UK Young Artists: Delivering for Higher Education action plan where it relates to programming and support the team to develop and map future activity and strategies
- Working with the communications team ensure all information is provided for the arts programme.
- Support international visiting artists and agents with the preparation and information required for participating in the Biennale, including shipping
- Develop a wide ranging and high profile network of partners which will support the organisation to promote its opportunities widely and attract artist submissions of the highest quality across all art forms.
- Oversee the preparation and execution of evaluation for all arts programme activity
- Ensure that UKYA is informed of key issues and initiatives in the arts sector by informing our work and ensuring that we are the leading interdisciplinary organization working in the UK which puts artists at the heart of what we do
- Work alongside the Director to identify and make fundraising bids & applications
- Attend professional development events, share good practice and contribute to plans for the team through meetings and events.
- Day to day management of Engagement Co-ordinator and emerging roles: In the first year this will be one post (Digital Curator)
- Providing creative input into the a new UKYA Digital Programme
Part Time: 0.6
Contract: Fixed (24 months)
Responsible to: Director
Deadline: Monday 19 February, midday
Contact NameMichelle Bowen
Start Date29th January 2018
Closing Date19th February 2018