Eastside Projects is an artist run multiverse, which aims to survive, support, attract attention, centre the artist and make civic space. We receive Arts Council England National Portfolio Funding (2018–22), in partnership with Birmingham City University.
We commission, produce and present experimental art practices and demonstrate ways in which art may be useful as part of society. Eastside Projects provides vital infrastructure, supports best practice and works to expand the role of the artist run space.
The ESP & Public Programmer collaborates with Eastside Projects’ Directors Gavin Wade and Ruth Claxton, other staff and ESP members to devise, produce and deliver a dynamic programme of events, projects and opportunities.
This role is hands on and delivery focused. As ESP & Public Programmer you will:
- Lead, manage and deliver the ESP programme and be at the centre of this community.
- Generate public programming which connects to Eastside Projects’ wider curatorial activity and the evolving conditions of contemporary art production.
- Lead events and host guests. You will also be the main point of contact for members so need to be sociable, outgoing and able to confidently build relationships with artists at different stages in their careers, and a wide range of other collaborators, partners and stakeholders.
- Be adaptable and practical, with a proven ability to initiate projects and generate and deliver high quality events programming. Working patterns vary depending on activity and this role will often require you to work unsociable hours so it is preferable that you are based in, or prepared to move to, Birmingham or the West Midlands.
- Have demonstrable knowledge of contemporary practice and visual arts networks in the UK.
For full job description and application process visit https://eastsideprojects.org/opportunities/
Contact NameRuth Claxton
Start Date15th January 2019
Closing Date13th February 2019