About The NMA
The National Memorial Arboretum is the UK’s centre for year-round Remembrance – a vibrant, living landscape of reflection and inspiration. Located in Staffordshire, the 150-acre Arboretum welcomes over 300,000 visitors each year. Its award-winning visitor centre includes state-of-the art learning facilities and three exhibition galleries.
Its exhibitions and arts based-learning programme is a key part of the Arboretum’s visitor offer and approach to participation and learning. The Arboretum is seeking an Exhibitions and Participation Officer to develop and deliver its temporary exhibitions work, working across departments to create an exciting and engaging programme of exhibitions which appeal to a wide audience.
Skills and Experience
Do you have the following?
- Experience producing high-quality exhibitions and activities
- Experience working in a museum, gallery, heritage site or similar
- The ability to work with people of all ages, including young people
- The ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
Our Values and Behaviours
Does the following describe you?
- A desire to deliver a great customer experience
- Enjoy and thrive in working in teams and with others
- Passionate about supporting the ongoing development of the Arboretum
- Come to work each day to be the best you can and to learn and develop
- An encourager, eager to share your knowledge and experience to help others.
Reporting to the Head of Participation & Learning, you will:
- Develop, manage and deliver the National Memorial Arboretum temporary exhibitions and arts-based learning programme, providing a rolling programme of high quality exhibitions that engage new and existing visitors.
- Develop external partnerships to develop new exhibition content which complements permanent interpretation on site.
- To support the team in developing the potential of the Arboretum and its memorials as a learning resource.
Please apply by clicking ‘Apply online’
Closing date for this role is: 15 March 2020
Interviews will take place on: 23 March 2020
Start Date1st March 2020
Closing Date15th March 2020