This role will focus on finding partners and sponsors for Mediale events and artworks. The post holder will develop, commercially successful sponsorship models, securing event sponsorship and exhibition income, working towards achieving income targets.
An excellent networker, the Sponsorship Consultant should be able to build and maintain strong external relationships with potential sponsors, corporate partners, and supporters.
Contract: Fixed term, freelance contract, indicative fee £10k, with a suggested time commitment spanning June-November 2019.
This role will take specific responsibility for:
- Working with Senior Management to develop high-quality sponsorship models.
- To secure event sponsorship and exhibition income, in line with targets.
- To build and maintain external relationships with sponsors, partners, and supporters.
- Working with the team to create high quality, sponsorship documents/packages.
- Ensure that all partnerships are tracked and maintained consistently.
- Ensure that all relationships sit within the ethical limits of York Mediale.
- Contribute to and support other departmental work as appropriate.
- A demonstrable record of success in new business development/sales roles.
- Demonstrable experience of maximising opportunities from researching prospects to generating meetings, and securing income.
- Experience of working in cross-departmental teams or structures to deliver projects. Skills and abilities Highly self-motivated.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to ensure all outputs are of the highest quality.
- Understanding of the arts
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including tact and assertiveness, and the ability to communicate at all levels in a complex environment.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills.
- Motivated by targets
- Ability to work with senior contacts and coordinate the activities of staff and contributors at all levels both internally and externally.
- Able to tackle challenges constructively, and find creative ways forward.
- A commitment to equal opportunities.
- Excellent IT skills
- An interest in York and arts/media arts/technology
- Discreet, diplomatic and persuasive
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
To find out more, and how to apply, please visit: https://www.yorkmediale.com/opportunities
Contact NameWill Dreyfus
Start Date14th May 2019
Closing Date29th May 2019