Artcore invites applications for its Graduate Residency 2019. The opportunity for selected graduates comprises:
- A large free studio space for a month between November 2019 and January 2020
- A stipend payment for each participating artist
- Mentoring support from experienced curator David Gilbert (www.davidgilbert.org.uk) covering professional and artistic development
- Critical input from other artists and arts professionals in the City
- A budget for materials and production
- Marketing support in documenting and promoting themselves and their work
- An exhibition in our Derby City Centre venue
We will visit all the degree shows in the East Midlands to see your work, and to indicate that you would like to take part you must apply using Curatorspace. The direct link to the online application form is – http://bit.ly/30xUlFO
Artcore is a visual arts charity based on Charnwood Street, working within communities locally, nationally and internationally. It endeavours to operate as a cultural hub; fuelling active engagement for a diverse range of communities in Derby, the East Midlands and beyond. Artcore’s long-term objective is to use arts and crafts as a vehicle to strengthen community cohesion, educate, raise awareness and provide a platform for development. Through its creative work it is committed to bringing change into the lives of people of all ages, abilities, cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Artcore is also an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation.
Derby has a developing visual arts culture, with galleries at QUAD, Derby Museum & Art Gallery and at Artcore, a University with Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in the School of Arts, and much DIY activity across the City. Artcore has hosted two annual Visual Arts Summits, and is the lead organisation in supporting the development of the visual arts ecology of Derby. We have recently taken on a large City Centre space, and these residencies will be the first to use our new building, placing our work in a prominent space right in the heart of Derby.
Contact NameDavid Gilbert
Start Date15th July 2019
Closing Date9th October 2019