De Montfort University is an institution committed to the public good – and its public engagement work through DMU Local is an important part of that commitment.
The DMU Local Saturday Art Club has been a long-standing project, taking place on Saturday mornings, in various locations across Leicester. The art clubs have been a place for families to try something new and creative, and to learn from practising artists who have a knowledge of the industry. The Saturday Art Clubs are now being remodelled as 10-week courses for children aged 7-11, and will feature a curriculum designed to explore a variety or art forms and possibilities for working and studying in the creative sector.
De Montfort University (DMU) invites bids from suitably experienced providers for the provision of a Lead Artist – Saturday Art Clubs, the key aspects of the requirement being:
- Coordinating and leading the delivery of the Saturday Art Clubs, including sourcing materials, managing guest tutors and ensuring the cover of absences
- Planning for multiple scenarios (face-to-face art clubs, blended or fully online) in order to be flexible and continue to deliver the clubs in a successful and appropriate manner regardless of Covid restrictions.
- Providing high-quality, age-appropriate arts activities based around agreed curriculum
- Working closely with DMU Local in shaping and planning the art club curriculum, in line with University values and requirements
- Coordinating a consistent approach to data collection across art clubs and ensuring that this is carried out; supporting DMU Local in designing the evaluation process and collecting data for impact measurement
- Acting in line with Covid-19 guidelines/laws and responding appropriately and safely to changes to these, as may occur from time to time.
- Delegating appropriate activities to DMU Local volunteers
PLEASE NOTE: SALARY RANGE FIGURE PROVIDED IS THE ANNUAL DELIVERY BUDGET FOR THIS SERIVCE – PLEASE SEE REQUEST FOR QUOTATION DOCUMENT (available via the below link) FOR MORE DETAILS.
For more information, and to apply, please visit DMU’s tendering portal: De Montfort University Electronic Tendering Site – Project Manage – Tender (in-tendhost.co.uk)
Contact NameDMU Local
Start Date16th February 2021
Closing Date10th March 2021