Currently there are around 6,500 people on the UK national transplant waiting list and, over the last year, over 500 people died whilst on the waiting list. Each donor is precious as only around 5,000 people each year in the UK die in circumstances where they can become a donor. In the Sheffield region, there are currently 120 people on the active transplant list, waiting for that all important call.
The Northern General is the largest hospital campus within Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust spanning 100 acres. It is situated approximately three miles from the hospitals at the central campus and is easily accessed via the M1 motorway. The hospital has over 1100 beds and employs more than 16,000 staff.
We are inviting proposals from artists who would like to create an art installation, intended to recognise and celebrate organ donation. It will be located prominently at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield.
In addition, the following criteria must be met:
- Artwork may be wall based and the allocated wall space is indoors. We would also consider ideas for free standing pieces; however in this case they would need be suitable for display outdoors.
- It should honour those who have donated organs and to give thanks to their families.
- It should raise the profile of this very important service and inspire the general public to support organ donation.
- Artwork should evoke interest and enrich the environment.
- Ideally the artwork will be contemporary, bright, and colourful.
- Artwork should meet all the infection control and health & safety requirements.
Budget- £5k inclusive of materials, but not installation.
FOR A FULL COPY OF THE BRIEF AND DETAILS OF HOW TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com
Contact NameDanielle Parker-Jessop
Start Date26th February 2018
Closing Date19th March 2018