YVAN has developed a programme of support with and for artists, ‘Beyond The Obvious’, comprising:
- Micro-grants including peer crits
- Sector snap-shots artist-led commissions & publications
- Nourish outreach & consultation events at regional & sub-regional levels.
With a network of research-collaborators, YVAN is restructuring to facilitate programmes ‘co-produced’ with the artist-led sector that facilitate new knowledge & narrative.
To establish a research framework with research questions & priority objectives relevant to the artist & artist-led sector. Through robust relationships with HEI sector and evidence collection from YVAN’s programmes, this post will ensure that learning, knowledge & narrative produced is valued and impactful on artists & artist-led networks, to inform & shape practice, make visible the contribution of the artist (& arts institutional sector) to wider society, & produce data to feed into policy development through CVAN network.
- Consolidate YVAN’s credentials, partnerships & knowledge base in research&evidence areas
- Produce data & narrative that informs individual& group artistic practice
- Produce data to advocate for visual arts sector and affect policy development
- Increase status & visibility of artist practitioner sector through research findings
- Establish novel forms of research & development ‘environments’ for co-produced research questions that include academics, artists&non-arts stakeholders
- Ensure YVAN team, Board & stakeholders are aware of artists’ needs & can advocate effectively for sector
- Working knowledge of research & learning infrastructure for visual arts in the Greater North.
- Minimum 5 years experience working strategically, overseeing & delivering impactful research programmes with arts & HEI sectors, ability to produce well-written evidenced reports with recommendations for strategic impact on wider visual arts&museums sectors.
Full list of requirements in Job Description, downloadable from: http://www.yvan.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/YVAN-RLE-Lead-JD.pdf
For an informal conversation, please contact Sue Ball, executive director, through firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact NameSue Ball
Start Date17th July 2020
Closing Date10th August 2020