Our mission: To champion photography for everyone
Our Vision: To stimulate public understanding and deeper engagement with photography and its’ value to society.
Our Key Aims:
- To be the UK’s leading photographic gallery with international impact
- To be the driving force for debate and new thinking about the role of the photographic image in society today
- To place innovative learning, diversity and excellence at our core
- To ensure long term sustainability for the gallery and all its activities
Print Sales Gallery Objectives:
Our ambition for the Print Sales Gallery is to be the first point of call for anyone considering collecting photography. We aim to build the confidence of new collectors, to provide established collectors and corporate collections with the expertise and resources to invest in great photography; and to discover and foster new talent by supporting photographers through solo exhibitions and the sale of their work.
- To develop the business to its full potential and to maximise earned income to ensure the Gallery’s financial security
- To deliver an exciting programme of commercial exhibitions
- To develop the activities and services of Print Sales Gallery to enhance the Gallery’s profile worldwide and provide a welcoming, professional public face for the Gallery to a wide audience
- To offer accessible advice to all levels of collectors about acquiring photography
- Support all represented photographers through the sale and promotion of their work by securing their work in private, corporate and public collections
- To host special events and art fairs aimed at promoting the collection of photography
- To continually develop new ways of promoting and selling photography through, for example, a Print Sales Gallery digital presence
- Maximise press and publicity for our artists and exhibitions
- To uphold the vision and mission of The Photographers’ Gallery through our activities
Job Specification and Responsibilities:
The particular focus of the role is to maximise earned income through sales of photography and to work within a small team to create an exciting programme of commercial exhibitions, art fairs, newsletters and associated events. You will work well within a small team, are well organised and can prioritise multiple tasks effectively. You will be an excellent communicator and work well as part of a small team.
You will liaise with both artists and visitors to The Photographers’ Gallery and will be knowledgeable about contemporary photography and have good experience at Gallery sales.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Print Sales Gallery team to creatively expand the business and exhibition program
- To maximise income opportunities through sales of work.
- Providing a welcoming and professional sales and information service to all visitors
- Maintaining and safeguarding Gallery stock
- Competent at handling both vintage and modern photographs
- Developing the client relationships and seeking prospect clients
- Assisting in the preparation of off-site projects such as art fairs and exhibitions on loan
(One-year fixed contract)
The Photographers’ Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity no. 262548.
- Deadline for applications: 16th February 2018
- Interviews: Week beginning 19th February 2018
- Immediate availability to start preferable
Unfortunately we are unable to acknowledge the receipt of each application. If your application has been successful you we be contacted for an interview.
The Photographers’ Gallery strives to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Charity no 262548.
Start Date3rd February 2018
Closing Date16th February 2018