Call for curatorial ideas for projects with South Asian artists working in sound and digital media
About Sudden Beams:
Sudden Beams is a curatorial project to support and increase visibility of South Asian artists working with digital and creative media. By providing opportunities to exhibit work and engage with new audiences. Sudden Beams will support a programme of events, including a call for proposals from curators to develop project ideas and a touring programme of work by artists from South Asia.
The open call:
Platform Asia will support two curators to research and develop project ideas, which include work by South Asian artists working with sound and digital media. We are looking for ideas that explore contemporary culture, which can also expand our understanding and knowledge of South Asian creativity and practice. Selected curatorial ideas will have the opportunity to explore how to develop their research ideas into realisable projects in the future.
We particularly welcome proposals from applicants with diverse backgrounds.
What we are offering through this opportunity
– £2,000 – includes fee, travel, production and materials (fee is inclusive of all taxes) to support a period of research and development over one or two months period from Jan 2021(negotiable).
– An opportunity to present your research on our website.
– Administration and marketing support from us.
– Professional fundraising advice and support.
– Opportunity to deliver the project in our programme.
– Networking opportunity with our artists and partners.
Submit your proposal by 5pm, 2 Dec 2020.
Visit http://platformasia.org.uk/sudden-beams-open-call/ for all informational about the opportunity.
Sudden Beams is produced by Platform Asia. Supported by Arts Council England.
Contact NamePlatform Asia
Start Date9th November 2020
Closing Date2nd December 2020