We are now accepting applications for individual artists to join the Summer Lodge 2019. The Summer Lodge is an annual event where for ten days each July, the Fine Art studios of Nottingham Trent University (NTU) are transformed and play host to a gathering of thirty diverse artists. It is intended as an opportunity to think through making by being able to work for a while without many of the usual constraints and distractions. It is a collective space in which to undertake experiments, pursue new ideas and allow unexpected leaps of imagination. Participants in the Summer Lodge will include current NTU staff, artists working nationally and internationally, and student studio assistants with the aim of initiating new dialogues and critical exchange through engaging together in a period of sustained studio practice.
During this time, you will have a studio space within the Fine Art studio space, can request student studio assistants to work with you on the help/development of artwork, meet other artists and curators and join a half-day symposium. To cover the minimum of our costs, if selected there is a £50 contribution for the two-week event.
Please see website for more information about the ten day schedule.
Please submit two separate PDF documents no more than 5MB in total:
The first PDF document should contain:
A short artist(s) biography with full contact details (max. 250 words).
Please describe in a short paragraph (max. 350 words):
- your need and interest in this period of experimental making
- how you will approach your time during Summer Lodge 2019
Save the first document as “secondname_text.pdf”
The second PDF document should contain:
- 5 images or a short clip of your work. This needs to be in a separate PDF document. (For video or live work please provide a pdf of still images which includes live links to vimeo, youtube or other similar online platform).
- Save the second document as “secondname_images.pdf”
Selection Criteria will be based on the following:
- The quality of your ideas and artwork.
- Your need for a period of research and development and your reasons for applying to SL:19.
- Your interest in working within a community of artists, including a willingness to discuss and share ideas.
Eligibility: Please note, you must be 3 years from graduating from your Undergraduate Degree and anyone previously participating in the Summer Lodge must leave 3 years before you can apply again.
The selection committee decision is final and unfortunately, we will not be able to enter into feedback dialogue.
If you have any further questions about The Summer Lodge or Symposium please contact Danica Maier at email@example.com.
Contact NameDanica Maier
Start Date8th April 2019
Closing Date28th April 2019