CLAY is a Centre for Live Art in Leeds, Yorkshire. Formed by arts producer Jessica Sweet and artist Matthew Allen, our mission is to provide a space for artists to test the boundaries of their practice. CLAY supports risk, experimentation and interdisciplinary practice. We have a strong track record; CLAY is a member of Live Art UK, Venues North and is a member of the Guild Programme run by East Street Arts, which supports artist run venues and projects across the UK. CLAY is supported by Leeds City Council through arts@Leeds. CLAY has just received its second grant from Arts Council England for project work to be delivered in 2019.
To help us grow and support our goals, we are looking for to recruit members to a vibrant new Board.
We’re looking for people with one or two of the following experiences or qualities:
- A person who understands the performance world & the interactions that come with running a venue
- Experience developing or supporting a similar size organisation or has been at managerial level at a similar organisation
- A person who can keep the strategic mission of CLAY on track and see the bigger picture
- Knowledge of financial management and / or fundraising
- Experience of individual giving or philanthropy
- Marketing and/ or PR experience
- Knowledge of Employment and Law and how it affects our work
- A person that deals with buildings work as an architect or development manage
We are keen to hear from people from all backgrounds & levels of experience. We aim to have an enthusiastic, reliable Board who work with integrity and value transparency.
For the full role advert and information on how to apply, visit www.clayleeds.co.uk/board.
Contact NameMatt & Jess
Start Date23rd October 2019
Closing Date1st November 2019