Appetite and Stoke-on-Trent Centre BID are commissioning artists to turn local shop windows into works of art as part of illuminated trail Window Wanderland taking place in Stoke-on-Trent City Centre (Hanley) this November in the lead up to the festive season.
Each artist will be teamed up with a participating City Centre shop to develop your ideas and artistic style into a final design agreed with the shop owner.
- Monday 26 October at noon: deadline to submit your application
- Wednesday 28 October: successful artists contacted
- Thursday 29 October: artists matched with shop owners and put in contact
- Friday 30 October to Sunday 15 November – Shop visits; installations designed with the final design agreed with the shop owner; production begins
- Monday 16 / Tuesday 17 November – Designs installed into windows by the artist. Artists will be the go-to for any maintenance issues reported by the shop owner.
- Wednesday 18 November to Saturday 19 December – Window Wanderland will be launched and on display for the public to view (exact dates TBC)
- Sunday 20 December (TBC) – Installations taken down by the artist or kept in place depending on the decision made between the shop owner and artist
Artist Fee: £700 – we expect you to spend 3.5 days approximately on this project
Materials: up to £300 available per window – we will ask for receipts and proof of purchase
How to Apply
We are endeavouring to make our application processes as simple as possible. Pease send an email with ‘Window Wanderland Application’ in the subject heading to Appetite at firstname.lastname@example.org, consisting of the following:
- CV and short covering letter detailing your artistic practice and experience
- Contact details
- Images of relevant artistic work
- 200 words on how you would approach this project and initial design inspiration
You will receive an email from us confirming receipt – please get in touch if you do not receive this within 48 hours.
Contact Appetite Producer Kat Boon via email@example.com or call 01782 381373 with any questions or queries.
Start Date17th October 2020
Closing Date26th October 2020