Ebb and Flow 2
In December 2016 I was awarded Arts Council England GFTA R&D funding to pursue a project I’d had in mind for some time. I have been working on this for just over 10 months now – of an 18 months plan. I exhibited my work in progress at The Porthmeor Studios St Ives in September last year and had a solo exhibition at Harrington Mills Studios in May 2017 where I now hold a studio.
Upcoming Exhibitions include:
– St Ives Library, Cornwall: Throughout December 2017
– St Ives Arts Festival: September 2018
– Attenborough Arts Centre, Leicester: January 13th until the middle of March 2018
– Derby Royal Hospital: March 19th – October 2018
– Djanogly Gallery Angear Space, Nottingham University: June 23rd to August 26th 2018 for which I’m working on a large scale piece of work with the working title ‘How Deep is the Ocean”.
How Deep is the Ocean (Work in Progress)
My project is about the Transience of Coastal Cornwall and aims to capture something of that which goes unnoticed, once there then gone with the next tide. I am expecting to spend some time very soon working in St Ives gathering further documentation and research material for this project.
Read Steffi’s original interview with CVAN EM here.
For more about Steffi’s work visit her website: http://www.steffierichards-fineartist.co.uk/