Leicester Art Week – Until 29 Nov – https://www.leicesterartweek.co.uk/
- Art & Makers’ Online Shopping – LCB Depot, November 15th – December 24th
- Leicester Print Festival – Leicester Print Workshop, November 23rd, 10am
- Podcast with Kelly Richardson and Next Gen. Creatives – Attenborough Arts Centre, November 23rd, 4pm
- An Exhibition of URLs – No Jobs In The Arts, November 24th, 7pm
- The Viewing Room: In Conversation – UK New Artists, Wednesday 25th November, from 6pm
- Objects Relating: Kathryn Cooper – Attenborough Arts Centre, Thursday 26th and Friday 27th November 2020
- Unexpected Tales with Julene Robinson – Attenborough Arts Centre, November 26th, 7pm
- Leicester Print Fair – Leicester Print Workshop, Saturday November 28th, 10am- 10pm
Alison Ballard & Martin Lewis
Together with live participants, artists Alison Ballard and Martin Lewis will be creating an online performance work, titled ‘On Time’, on Friday 27th November, 1:.45pm – 2:15pm. You can watch as an audience member or join in as a performer.
The Idle Index
The Idle Index is an exhibition and online project featuring screensavers created by artists based in, or with links to, Leicester. Screensavers have persisted as a common feature of digital devices long after their original purpose – to protect screens from burn-in – has become obsolete. While some systems still utilise them for practical purposes such as security, they serve for most as a reminder of our own inactivity – acting as prompts to continue working, browsing, watching or shopping. The screensavers offered by The Idle Index place artworks into the forgotten corners of our digital space to explore ideas of work, leisure, and usefulness. Artists Gino Attwood, Dan Cowlam, Anoushka Goodwin, Khush Kali, Ashok Mistry, Jas Singh, Antonio Roberts and Kühle Wampe have been commissioned to make new screensavers for the 2020 edition of The Idle Index. The screensavers work through our free browser extension. This is compatible with Chrome, and available through the Chrome Web Store.
Our Big Picture
There will be creative activities, celebrations and collaborations over the coming months that you, your family, and friends can get involved with. Your creations will directly influence new public artwork and designs in the town.