Submissions to ‘YOU KEEP IT ZINE: you keep it we don’t want it – alternative ways of protest’ now open.
Calling at early-career visual artists, creatives, writers, poets, musicians, thinkers with a link to East Midlands.
YOU KEEP IT ZINE was created in response to the everyday socio-political situation. To start an informal, nurturing and sustainable conversation on alternative ways of everyday protest, coping and change.
For the first issue (#1) we are looking for multidisciplinary submissions on the theme of alternative ways of protest against CAPITALISM.
There are no restrictions in terms of the medium or timeframe when your work was made as long as you can find a creative way to fit it on a double page spread. You can submit visual materials or written pieces like poetry, song lyrics, recipes, notes, essays. The list is endless!
We are particularly interested in how you incorporate your response and themes within the chosen format.
Selected artists will be
- featured in the first issue of the print publication and online marketing materials
- Take part in a 45 min long sharing session with other participants
- Payed a £30 fee
HOW TO SUBMIT
Please send us:
- Basic contact information and any relevant links (e.g. Instagram/website)
- Up to 4 images/or 2 written pieces
- A brief description of your practice (no more than 100 words)
- A brief description of the submitted work (no more than 100 words)
Please title your email Issue #1 NAME SURNAME
This opportunity is for early-career artists, creatives, musicians, writers, thinkers with a link to East Midlands.
Entries and questions can be emailed to:
This opportunity has been made available by the support from the Young Empowerment Fund.
Contact NameKlara Szafrańska
Start Date8th October 2021
Closing Date29th October 2021