ROLE TITLE: Trustee
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Thursday 7 December, 11pm
Primary wishes to develop our Board to ensure we realise our mission and aims. We are inviting expressions of interest for new Trustees to join us, bringing diverse expertise to our Board and to the organisation.
We are looking for people with a range of lived and personal experiences as well as professional expertise to make a difference to our future. This role does not require previous experience of being on a Board and we actively welcome people who have not had this experience previously.
We are seeking applicants with strong knowledge and skills that align with one or more of the following areas:
• Strategic, operational, legal and financial management
• Fundraising including trusts and foundations, as well as commercial income generation
• Heritage building development and management including capital development
• Artists with national/international practice and networks
• Artist development to support people at different stages of their career
• Audience development including co-production with communities and shared learning programmes
• Marketing in all aspects particularly in respect of socially engaged artistic practices
We expect all Board members to actively contribute to our work around Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, and support Primary in becoming a socially just organisation.
We acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are currently under-represented on our Board and in the arts more broadly. We encourage people to apply who are under-represented in the visual arts sector, including individuals of the global majority those who are disabled, D/Deaf, neurodivergent, LGBTQIA+ or facing intersecting cultural or socio-economic barriers.
Primary is also keen to broaden the age range of our Trustees and encourages individuals under the age of 30, who may not have previously considered joining a Board, to apply. We can work with you to identify and access training or learning opportunities required to support you taking on this role.
Contact NameJess Colebourne-Viggers
Start Date3rd November 2023
Closing Date7th December 2023