- Contract: Permanent
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Salary: Competitive – discuss with Principal
- Closing Date: 25 August 2017
- Location: Derby (DE1 2LF)
The person we are looking for should:
- Be creative and hardworking.
- Have excellent personal organisational skills.
- Be adaptable with a good sense of humour and able to take the initiative.
- Be a very good team worker with the capacity to build relationships at all levels across the organisation.
- Be prepared to contribute to broad aspects of Art and related activities.
- Be proactive; a forward thinker with an effective grasp of developments within Art.
- Be able to work successfully as part of a highly effective team.
Reporting directly to the Curriculum Leader for Art, the technician will provide support to the Art team to support the efficient and effective running of the Learning Area.
- Organise and prepare equipment and resources for all relevant sessions in the Learning Area.
- Support Tutors and students in sessions to use specific equipment or resources as required, including Ceramics, Sculpture, Painting and Drawing, Printing, 3 dimensional work, and the Darkroom.
- Ensure that all health and safety regulations are enforced, keeping up-to-date with changes in legislation.
- Organise the storage of all materials/equipment (particularly those that are poisonous, toxic or flammable) following the appropriate health and safety regulations guidelines.
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of stock, equipment and other resources, and order new resources as required.
- Prepare and deliver Art Masterclasses as required.
- Preparation and hanging of students’ work in exhibitions and displays.
- Keep abreast of new technologies with learning implications for the Learning Area.
- Support students 1-1 or in small groups during sessions or at other times in using specific equipment, machines or resources as required.
- Accompany students on educational visits as required.
- Create and maintain displays and noticeboards across the College as required.
- Work as part of a team to deliver the varied tasks across the College, showing flexibility to meet the demands required.
- Support with managing stock levels within the Learning Area and advising the Director of Curriculum Leader on appropriate required resource.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with all colleagues, students, parents or carers, suppliers, contractors and outside agencies.
- Participate in College events and contribute to promoting the College to the wider community.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Show commitment to continued professional development and performance management.
- Undertake INSET and training and participate in appropriate school meetings as required.
Any other appropriate duties and responsibilities relevant to the post as directed by the Chief Executive Officer, Principal, Vice Principals, or Assistant Principals.
What we can offer you
- A supportive, cohesive and exciting working environment
- The chance to work with genuinely enthusiastic and happy students
- Career prospects within an innovative and ambitious Multi Academy Trust
- A meal allowance, commensurate with your working hours
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Healthcare Cash Plan, from Westfield Health
Landau Forte College Derby
We are a highly successful and heavily oversubscribed 11 – 19 College with a strong record of success across all aspects of its work. In May 2014 we were accredited as a School Centre for Teacher Training by the National College for Teaching and Leadership. In February 2015 we were designated as a Teaching School and the College is a local, regional and national hub for professional development.
The local area
Derby is a vibrant and exciting city, located right in the heart of the UK. The city has a developed arts and culture scene and the area has a great Geography. The College is located just a few minutes’ walk away from Derby city centre.
Derby provides great range of sports and leisure facilities and is the gateway to the Peak District. Within a 10 minutes’ drive of the city you will find yourself in the beautiful open Derbyshire countryside with unspoilt villages, historic houses and adventurous attractions.
- Derby is 10 minutes away from M1 junction 25
- London is 90 minutes away by train
- East Midlands Airport is 20 minutes away
For your information
If this sounds like the ideal job opportunity for you, please download and read our Information for Applicants document before applying:
Apply for this job
- Read the Guidance & Criteria document
- Complete the application form
- PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCDJobsStep2a
- Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCDJobsStep2b
- Complete the Equal Opportunities form
- PDF Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3a
- Word Version: http://lfa.ac/LFCTJobsStep3b
- Post your application
You can email your completed application, along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can post your application to:
PA to the Principal
Landau Forte College Derby
All appointments made are subject to satisfactory references and a criminal background check. Landau Forte Charitable Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this post.
Start Date1st August 2017
Closing Date25th August 2017