Modern Clay are inviting applications from early-career West Midland based artists (up to 5 years since MA, or 10 years since BA) who wish to develop their practice within ceramics. There are 6 residencies available for 2 months, 3 artists from August to September and 3 from September to October.
Resident artists will be able to use the new, purpose- built studio Modern Clay, to experiment and make new work with clay. The studio is a shared space which can accommodate up to 12 people at one time.
Dates: August to October 2017
Resident artist fee: £850
Deadline: Sunday 9 July 2017
The aims of the residency are to:
• Enable the selected practitioner to learn new skills and create new a body of work.
• Inspire public interest in creative practice and making.
• Raise the profile of contemporary ceramics in the region and build a community of like minded artists.
• Offer professional development to the selected practitioner in public engagement and arts education.
The residency is aimed at people wanting to develop new skills as part of an artistic practice. In applications we seek interesting new ideas for experimentation with clay. Selections will be made based on the potential of your ideas over work already produced.
• Send a CV including your address during the residency period (only artists based in the West Midlands during this time will be eligible)
• Up to 10 images of your work or a link to audio visual material.
• A short statement detailing why you want to work at Modern Clay,your approach and ideas for making work during the residency.
Please email application as a PDF file to with the subject “Ceramics Residency 2017” firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information http://modernclay.org/residency-call-out-for-artists-at-modern-clay/
Contact NameMark Essen
Start Date29th June 2017
Closing Date9th July 2017