QUAD is a Cinema, Gallery, Café Bar, Digital resource and Workshop that anyone can use.
We are a creative hub that connects people and businesses to art and film and create opportunities for entertainment, education and participation. QUAD transforms lives through active participation in art and film.
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced artists, facilitators and workshop leaders to help us expand our digital offer for the following programmes:
• KidsQUAD, creative and digital activities for 7 – 11 year olds
• DigisQUAD, digital workshops for 12-16 year olds
• Q Club, creative and digital workshops for 5-18 year olds with additional needs
• One off digital workshops in line with gallery exhibitions and projects
We’d like to hear from you if have experience in delivering creative and engaging workshops using the following software/platforms:
• 3D modelling and animation: Maya, Blender
• Digital editing and design: Adobe Creative Suite 5
• Microcomputers and Input Devices: Arduino, Makey Makey, Little Bits, Micro Bits or similar
• Game Design: Unity, GameSalad, Game Maker, Scratch or similar
• Coding/Programming: Python, Processing, HTML5 or similar
• Film and audio: Adobe Creative Suite 5, iMovie, Stop Motion Pro or similar
• You should be able to demonstrate experience of leading workshops with children and young people.
• You will be responsible for your own tax, national insurance and Public Liability insurances.
• You must hold a valid enhanced DBS certificate (within the last two years) or be willing to apply and pay for one (QUAD can support you with the application process but you will be liable for any fees incurred).
• You will be responsible for your own travel and other personal expenses.
Fees: £100.00 per half day session (usually 2.5 hours) inclusive of personal expenses.
QUAD will supply equipment and materials, subject to agreement with the relevant member of the team.
Projects are delivered on a freelance and occasional basis (mostly school holidays) and contractual offers of work cannot be guaranteed at this time.
How to apply:
Email us with an up to date CV, and an expression of interest on no more than two sides of A4 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Friday 19 January 2018
Contact NameSandra Greatorex
Start Date16th February 2018
Closing Date19th January 2018