The Art House is seeking proposals from UK and International artists who would like to take up one of three supported residencies at our purpose built studios in Wakefield to help them develop and extend their practice. The callout is open to all, though at least one of the residencies will be reserved for a disabled artist. We provide:
- A month long residency at the Art House including:
- An artist’s fee of £1,500 (plus a materials budget up to a maximum of £750)
- Free accommodation in our flat within the Art House building
- Free studio space in the Art House
- Free access to a fully equipped print studio, with screen print, etching and laser cutter
- The services of a support technician, as part of our commitment to equality
- An opportunity to show either a new body of work created during the residency, or work in progress in our Project Space
- Coaching and mentoring through 1-2-1 sessions with our team to support artists to develop their critical understanding of their artistic practice, marketing, and develop audiences for their work
- Travel expenses up to a maximum of £250 if needed.
We welcome proposals from artists working in all types of contemporary visual art practice, including photography, new media, fine art, artists’ moving image, live art, crafts, design, architecture, site-specific, socially engaged and interdisciplinary practices. If you are successful then an initial conversation will explore your aspirations for this programme, and what other support may be needed and available from the Art House and its partners/associates. We are happy to discuss flexibility if any aspect of the offer needs adapting to suit your needs. We will also accept proposals from artists who would like to work collaboratively with another artist (whether or not they have a collaborator in mind), though in that case the fee would be split between the artists.
Full details and Application Form on Curatorspace – http://bit.ly/2CLky7o
Contact NameDavid Gilbert
Start Date12th January 2018
Closing Date26th January 2018