The artist’s brief is to design, create and install a temporary piece of land art to celebrate The UCI Road World Championships Men’s Elite Race taking place on Sunday 29 September 2019. The piece is to be sited near to Buttertubs Pass, Hawes, North Yorkshire.
The UCI Road World Championships are the annual world championships for bicycle road racing organized by the Union Cycliste Internationale and consist of events for road race and time trials both individual and teams.
The commissioners wish for the land art to incorporate a design significant to Richmondshire, utilising strong colours and large scale. The large scale is very specific as the land art needs to be visible from the air, captured as part of the cycle race TV coverage. The commissioner has an initial budget of £5,000 which is inclusive of artist fees, materials, installation and travel.
Timescales of the commission:
- Artist entries received by Wednesday 31st July 2019
- Commissioning Group will select chosen artist on Friday 2nd August 2019
- All submitting artists will be informed of decision by Friday 2nd August 2019
- Chosen artist will submit two proposals by Friday 16th August 2019
- Commissioning group will select design by Tuesday 20th August 2019
- Chosen artist will submit timescales for design completion and installation Tuesday 27th August 2019
- Up front and first payment of £4000 and contract will be made by Friday 30th August 2019
- Final and second payment of £1000 will be made by Monday 30th September 2019
Fees: Total fees available are £5000 and will be inclusive of all expenses, travel, fees and materials to ensure the successful installation of the work. Payments will be made by BACS on the receipt of both invoices.
The Commissioning Group c/o Jo-Anne Simpson, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, North Yorkshire. DL10 4JX Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01748 901045
Contact NameJo-Anne Simpson
Start Date5th July 2019
Closing Date31st July 2019