Newhampton Arts Centre are looking for artist/s or arts organisation to work with Year 3 pupils at 5 primary schools in Wolverhampton from January 2020 to deliver a programme of high quality arts experiences based around 3-d art forms (eg. sculpture, installation etc.) leading to a celebration exhibition in June 2020 at Newhampton Arts Centre.
This project is the second year of Startart: a three-year programme funded by Artsconnect and in Year 1 by Artsconnect and Children and the Arts. The aim is to create deeper and more sustainable links between arts organisations and their local schools. All 5 schools are within 15 minutes walk of Newhampton Arts Centre.
Work will include activity sessions with year 3 classes in the five schools; the delivery of 1 or 2 ½ day sessions of Professional Development for staff at the schools; and accompanying children on a visit to the sculpture collection of Wolverhampton Museum and Art Gallery.
For the fee there is a commission of £6,000.00 (exclusive of materials)
This fee includes:
- 3 x planning sessions with the schools and Newhampton Arts Centre
- One day CPD session for staff across the schools
- Managing, planning and curating the Celebration Exhibition at NAC.
- Management, admin and travel
- 6 sessions of activity with each of the 5 primary school (across two classes per school), to include:
- Research trips to local art galleries to explore the collections, to expose children to relevant work as stimulus
- Introductory workshop with each class in spring term developing from this research trip
- Devising a collective piece alongside pupils and staff from this starting point
- Workshops with classes in Spring term to explore themes and make collective work for exhibition
Application details: Please contact NAC at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full Brief.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13th December
Interview date for shortlisted applicants: Thurs 9 January.
Start Date2nd December 2019
Closing Date13th December 2019