The Luxembourg Art Prize aims to reveal and promote talented artists who have yet to establish a profile on the contemporary international scene. Its function is to discover artists, and it is open to any artist, amateur or professional, with no limits on age, nationality or place of residence. The Prize is aimed at artists working in one or more of the following media: drawing, printing, installation, painting, performance, photography, digital art, sculpture, sound art, video, mixed media, decorative art (textiles and material, glass, wood, metal, ceramics, mosaic, paper or other techniques).
What are the submission criteria?
- No age limit on submissions
- Open to amateur and professional artists
- All nationalities are eligible
- Open to artists from all the countries of the world
How do I enter?
Artists have to create a Candidate Space on the Luxembourg Art Prize website and complete the entry form on-line. Everything takes place via the Luxembourg Art Prize website. Only entries submitted on-line via the artist’s personal Candidate Space will be accepted. Candidates may update and complete their submissions on-line as many times as necessary until the deadline for submissions.
What is the deadline for submitting entries?
Candidates’ entries must be completed on-line in the Candidate Space by 31 May 2017 at midnight.
What should the entry contain?
The entry, completed on-line in the Candidate Space, includes the following information:
- Personal details: the candidate’s full name, postal address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Biographical information
- A brief note presenting the artist’s approach
- A good-quality identity photo
- A selection of one to three recent works, not necessarily in the same medium, with a good-quality image of each work to enable the selection committee to form as accurate an idea as possible of the candidate’s practice.
Candidates working exclusively in the medium of video are advised to provide a link to a video hosting site such as Vimeo or YouTube or to their own site where the video can be viewed.The entry may be written in the candidate’s first language if this is easier.Candidates must not send original artworks to the gallery.
Entry for the Luxembourg Art Prize 2017 is subject to the payment of an entry fee to be paid on-line. The entry fee is €45 (about 48 USD or 38 GBP or 48 CHF or 63 CAD or 5,349 JPY).
The entry fee pays for the time spent examining the entries by all the members of the selection committee. Talent is independent of age; we hope to receive submissions from artists young and not so young who have real personality and whose works will delight us.
Contact NameThe Luxembourg Art Prize
Start Date1st February 2017
Closing Date31st May 2017