Application Deadline: Sunday 30th January 2022
Responses sent to Artists: Tuesday 2nd February 2022
Development programme timeline: Monday 7th February – Saturday 2nd April 2022
Young Artists Collective, freshly formed in the heart of Derby, are a collective of emerging artists who want to bring young artists from Derbyshire and the East Midlands together and support them in their early arts careers, as well as blossom their creativity collaboratively. As part of Artcore, we strive to create a space of mutual support, critical engagement, open discussions and playfulness.
Together we want to connect and respond to the issues surrounding emerging artists in the industry and provide the support to broaden their skills and artistic practice in a fun and experimental way.
About the Development Opportunity & Residency
We have an exciting opportunity for artists to join Artcore’s young professional development programme as part of the artist collective, YAC. This opportunity is aimed at artists aged 16-25, and supports development through skill-sharing, artist talks, collaborative making and mentoring.
Throughout the residency, you will be based in the Cabin, a small kiosk in Osnabruck Square, Derby. During this time, you will take part in weekly mentoring and group discussions, skill-shares, CV/Portfolio reviews, and an opportunity for you to present your collaborative project in an exhibition which will open to the public on 11th March 2022.
Throughout the residency, you will have the opportunity to respond to our current Artcore programme theme for the next few months, which focuses on migratory stories, shared histories, support and care. The residency also takes place during LGBTQ+ History Month, so there will also be opportunities to respond to our program focusing on these themes. This residency requires you to join YAC as a member for a minimum of 3 months.
What you will receive as part of this opportunity
- A bursary of £100 per artist for production costs and materials
- A research and development budget of £150 for the collective to engage in opportunities e.g artist talks, workshops, skills development and resources
- Gain confidence and skills working collaboratively with a creative peer group.
- Access to support, mentoring, networking and development opportunities.
- Use of a shared studio and exhibition space
- Artists work will be featured and promoted on Artcores website and social media platforms.
- Guidance and support to access further residencies, funding applications and development opportunities
- Support with developing a professional online presence to encourage a sustainable artistic career.
All artists that submit an application to this open call will be considered for Young Artist Collective.
Please take a look on our website or contact email@example.com for the application form/ more information.
Contact NameAleks Ksiazkiewicz
Start Date13th January 2022
Closing Date30th January 2022