Deadline: Sunday 16 April 2023, 11pm
When: Monday 26 – Friday 30 June 2023, 9AM – 5PM
Where: Nottingham City Museums & Galleries
CVAN EM and ArtTechSpace are seeking applications from new technicians and those looking to upskill to participate in a one-week Core Art Technician Training Programme! Details of how to engage in further learning opportunities will be shared over the coming weeks.
The aim of the Core Art Technician Training Programme is to show best practice in the presentation, handling, installation and storage of artworks and artefacts in the gallery / museum setting, in order to support future employment in the region’s arts and culture sector.
Course Structure: Monday 26 – Friday 30 June 2023 (9AM – 5PM) participants will engage in an intensive introduction to the industry, split into modules to cover core aspects of art technical work including manual handling, art handling, condition reporting, packing, installation and project planning.
- Applicants must live in the East Midlands.
- Applicants must be 19 or over and not currently completing an undergrad course. ***UPDATE*** Applications will be accepted from those who will have completed their period of study by 26 June, graduating September 2023.
- Applicants must the available from Monday 26 – Friday 30 June 2023.
- The programme will prioritise applicants living in Priority Places across the region.
- The programme will prioritise applicants from the Global Ethnic Majority.
- All participants will receive a fee of £350 to support them in attending training.
- An access budget is available to support participants’ access requirements which might include support with childcare, travel expenses, access worker fees etc.
- Participants will join an online induction session ahead of the in-person training.
Click here to download the Application Pack (PDF).
Click here to download the Application Pack (docx).
Click here to download the Course Schedule (PDF).
Click here to download the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (docx).
Applications must be returned by Sunday 16 April 2023, 11pm to email@example.com with ‘Core Art Technician Training Programme Application’ in the email subject heading.
If you have any questions or would like to require this application form in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This programme will be delivered with Art Fund support. With thanks to venue hosts Nottingham City Museums and Galleries.